Your Ad Here

Monday, September 22, 2008

Randy Pausch

Randolph Frederick ("Randy") Pausch[2] (October 23, 1960 – July 25, 2008) was an American professor of computer science, human-computer interaction and design at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and a best-selling author who achieved worldwide fame for his "The Last Lecture" speech on September 18, 2007 at Carnegie Mellon. In summer 2007, Pausch conceived the lecture after he learned that his previously known pancreatic cancer was terminal.

The "Last Lecture"

I am flattered and embarassed by all the recent attention to my "Last Lecture." I am told that, including abridged versions, over six million people have viewed the lecture online. The lecture really was for my kids, but if others are finding value in it, that is wonderful. But rest assured; I'm hardly unique. Send your kids to Carnegie Mellon and the other professors here will teach them valuable life lessons long after I'm gone.
-- Randy
Click To See The Last Lecture Video


My testimony before Congress (8 minutes)


A recent public service announcement for PanCAN (2 minutes)



Fighting Pancreatic Cancer All Videos


May 18th, 2008: A perfect day!

Everyone should have a day this perfect in their lives. Carnegie Mellon flew Jai and me up to Pittsburgh to attend graduation. I had the honor of giving the charge to the graduates at the end of the ceremony. Even the weather cooperated to make it a perfect day with the sun breaking through the rain clouds as the ceremony started. I also got to speak briefly to the SCS and ETC commencement ceremonies. It was wonderful to see all of our old friends and colleagues and I was very touched by the invitation.

My three minute address and dramatic ending -------->See Video


The dying man who taught America how to live Video

0 comments:

Your Ad Here